It is appropriate that these guidelines are kept flexible to respond to the
development of different approaches. Therefore this guidance will
develop as more actual, practical examples are designed and used and a
section on Frequently Asked Questions responds to questions raised
in comment and discussion.
The Traveline logo
Where possible keep the ratio between the symbol and the namestyle
constant. The strapline "Public Transport Information" can be dropped if the logo is going to be used in a context where the purpose is obvious. Take care to leave enough space around the logo and scale the logo to an appropriate size. Without the strapline the minimum size can be slightly lower more information
Pantone colours are Green: pantone 355u and Orange: pantone 151u
Buttons and Headings
- Journey Planner Button GIF (1k)
Artwork and printed copies are available for a leaflet to promote NextBuses.
Logo and Channel Information
Wherever the telephone number 0871 200 22 33 is quoted information about the cost of phone calls to traveline should be included in the same publication. More information about this
Traveline often needs to be listed with other sources of local or transport information.
One of the following formats may suit the style of the publication:
||public transport information
0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
www.traveline.info Txt 84268
|Public Transport Information
||Traveline 0871 200 22 33
(calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras)
Where Traveline can be promoted on its own, the channel information can follow the style of the logo.
Flexibility is available where circumstances require it. The following variations are suggested when dealing with:
(Any reference in the graphics with the phrase "calls from landlines..." should be considered in the light of the revised guidance about showing call costs.)
Because the channel information gives access to the traveline service, great care should be taken to ensure that the details are legible. This is important to ensure that Disability Discrimination does not occur. The font size and clarity of the information should be as good as that of text elsewhere in the document or sign.
Bus stop flags
The phrase "Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras" does not need to be displayed on the bus stop flag. More information about this. However it would be good practice to have further information about Traveline in the timetable display case where information about the cost can be included.
The designs give space for txt code relevant for the particular bus stop. More details about txt stop codes.
It has been found that the white text on green is bolder for inclusion on the bus stop flag. It also avoids the use of orange which has been known to fade, but should not do so with modern inks.
This guidance is in accordance with the following changes approved by the traveline board:
- the word traveline appears as a scalable vector graphic modelled on the same font as before, with the dot over the "i" changed from a square to a circle to fit in with the circles in the traveline smile.
- the smile to be placed left aligned over the traveline word in a smaller proportional size than previously. The smile together with the word traveline form a slightly revised version of the traveline logo.
- the logo is available in green and orange, monochrome and, for use on bus stops, white on green.
- the words "public transport info" appear under the logo in orange, or monochrome, as before, to be used where the context does not immediately make clear that it is a public transport information enquiry service.
- the channel information is listed alongside the logo but is not part of the logo graphic. The font used and size should display the channel information clearly but it can be in a font that is being used elsewhere in the document or on the sign. It is the responsiblity of the designer of the leaflet or sign to ensure that the traveline information does not appear in a way that would discriminate against people with disabilities.
- traveline.info is now used as the web address.
- reference to "txt bus stop code to xxxxx" is included where there is a txt service.
- the telephone number is 0871 200 22 33 [advice about using the phrase "calls cost 10p per minute from landlines" has now been modified. More information]
- the revised logos will be made available on www.travelinedata.org.uk/promote.htm
A full list of the PDF files produced for traveline by Tiger's Eye
Go back to Promotion of Traveline
Go back to travelinedata
© Traveline 2012, Last updated: 21 September 2012